Process of appeal after citizenship of the USA (Naturalization)




Permanent reside at least three months in the state before applying for naturalization to the regional The Immigration and Naturalization Service.

Resist as lawful permanent citizen till your Oath Ceremony. In a case that you moved to another state, you have to apply a new application form for naturalization.


The Naturalization process has three steps:

1. Get an “Application for Naturalization” (Form N-400) and fill it completely. Additionally you should include two passport-style color photographs with your application form, fingerprints and collect the necessary documents. The lawful permanent resident should make copies of their Permanent Resident Card. Sometimes USCIS can ask for more documents, depending on the circumstances.

You May Qualify for Naturalization if:

You have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements.

You have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.

Your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met.


2. Interview

USCIC will send you information about the place ant time of your interview. USCIS may ask you to bring additional documents to the meeting. Your case will be delayed if you will not bring necessary documents.

During the interview a USCIS officer will ask you about your background, evidence supporting your case, your place and length of residence, your character, attachment to the constitution, your willingness to take an Oath of Allegiance to the United States.

During the interview a USCIS officer will test your ability to read, write and speak English (You will read and write some sentences, answer the officer’s questions). During the interview a USCIS officer will ask you some (5-15) questions about the USA history. If you will answer wrong in majority of questions, you will fail the interview.

The permanent residences, which have lived in the US more than 15 years or are more than 50 years old, have the Green Card, are not obliged to path the language test.

If you have passed your interview successfully, the USCIS officer will give you information about the date, time and place of your Oath Ceremony.


3. Oath Ceremony

After the ceremony of Oath of Allegiance to the United States you will receive your Certificate of Naturalization.