Working in U.S.

Working in U.S.

United States of America is a great country and offer the most high opportunity for the people around the globe and the possibilities to work in the U.S.

     The United States welcomes thousands of foreign workers in multiple occupations or
employment categories every year. These include artists, researchers, cultural exchange
participants, information technology specialists, religious workers, investors, scientists,
athletes, nurses agricultural workers and others. All foreign workers must obtain
permission to work legally in the United States. Each employment category for
admission has different requirements, conditions and authorized periods of stay. It is
important that you adhere to the terms of your application or petition for admission and
visa. Any violation can result in removal of denial of re-entry into the United States.

    A temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a
specific purpose. Non immigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time,
and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their
non immigrant visa was issued.

    Students and exchange visitors may, under certain circumstances, be allowed to work in
the United States. They must obtain permission from an authorized official at their
school. The authorized official is known as a Designed School Official (DSO) for
students and the Responsible Officer (RO) for exchange visitors.

    Employers must verify that an individual whom they plan to employ or continue to
employ in the United States is authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Individuals, such as those who have been admitted as permanent residents, granted
asylum or refugee status or admitted in work-related nonimmigrant classifications, may
have employment authorization as a direct result of their immigration status. Other
aliens may be able to apply individually for employment authorization.

    To visit the United States for business purposes you will need to obtain a visa as a
temporary visitor for business (B-1), unless you qualify for admission without a visa
under the Visa Waiver Program. For more information on the topics above, select the
category related to your situation to the left.